Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker’s man.
Bake me a cake as fast as you can.
James Ephraim learned how to bake from the same woman who read nursery rhymes to him: his mother. “Mom always baked carrot cakes and friends always requested them, so baking is in me.”
Under the slogan “Baking Cakes As Fast As We Can,” Ephraim a.k.a. “The Baker’s Man” makes mini bundt cakes as well as the classic 10-inch variety. He makes them in a commercial kitchen in the Heights, sells direct to the consumer and at many farmers markets throughout Houston.
He’s been a hit since joining the Westchase District Farmers Market in September.
“I like to experiment in the kitchen, so I’m always working on a new recipe,” said Ephraim. Current offerings include:
- Carrot Cake – topped with cream cheese icing and crushed toasted pecans
- Lemon Cake – topped with cream cheese icing and white chocolate shavings
- Red Velvet Cake – topped with cream cheese icing and white chocolate shavings
- Strawberry Cream Cake – made with fresh strawberries, topped with cream cheese icing and white chocolate shavings
- Chocolate Fudge Cake – made with chocolate chips, topped with chocolate cream cheese icing and chocolate shavings
What’s the fan favorite? They change from market to market and from week to week, according to Ephraim. “One week it’s red velvet, the next week it’s chocolate.”
Come buy them as fast as you can, because he frequently sells out. Want to place a custom order for a holiday celebration? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.