About Westchase District Farmers Market
Westchase District Farmers Market features high quality, locally-grown seasonal fresh foods and provides a vibrant community gathering place for the Westchase community.
More than two dozen vendors sell agricultural products, including pork, beef, eggs, produce, and cheeses. The market also features value-added products such as locally-made jams and jellies, honey, specialty soaps, artisan breads and olive oils.
During it’s first year in 2013, the Westchase District Farmers Market was made possible in part by a $65,000 grant through the United States Department of Agriculture’s Farmers Market Promotion Program (FMPP). The FMPP supports efforts to improve and expand domestic farmers markets and other community-supported agriculture programs.
Work-friendly hours accommodate 8-to-5 employees, carpool parents and residents living nearby who want locally grown produce. Questions about the Westchase District Farmers Market? Interested in becoming a farmers market vendor? Send an email to email@example.com.
LOCATION, PARKING & PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
St. Cyril of Alexandria Catholic Church
10503 Westheimer Road (at Rogerdale Road)
Houston, TX 77042
Free surface parking is available at church lot.
The market is ccessible from METRO Bus Route 82 (Westheimer/West Oaks).
The mission of the Westchase District Farmers market includes:
- to provide the citizens of west Houston with access to high quality, locally-grown, seasonal fresh foods
- to provide a vibrant community gathering place for the Westchase community
- to encourage local food production in southeast Texas by providing agricultural producers an attractive marketing venue
- to promote an appreciative relationship between food producers and food consumers and to educate consumers about the issues involved in local agriculture and food production
- to educate the community about the nutritional, health and culinary benefits of consuming high-quality, locally-grown and seasonal fresh foods and to encourage home cooking and family meals
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Mark Harrington
- Corrie Kennelly
- Jacquie Clark
- Elvis d’Agrella
- Angela Shawn