(Recipies courtesy of Food Network)
Sauteed Kale by Bobby Flay
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh kale, coarsely chopped leaves & stems
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 c. vegetable stock or water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until soft not colored.
- Raise heat to high add the stock and kale and toss to combine.
- Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook stirring until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add vinegar.
Massaged Kale by Aarti Sequeira
- 1bunch of kale remove & discard stalks, leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. olive oil & extra for drizzling
- 1 lemon juiced
- Fresh ground pepper – Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 c mango diced –2 T toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- In large serving bowl add kale, half of lemon juice a drizzle of oil & a little of Kosher salt.
- Massage until the kale starts to soften & wilt, about 2-3 min. Set aside while you make dressing.
- In small bowl, whisk remaining lemon with honey & lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Stream in 1/4 of the olive oil while whisking until dressing forms and you like the taste.
- Pour over kale add mango and pepitas. Toss and serve.