Don’t know what to prepare for dinner? The Westchase District Farmers Market has you covered. When it’s Thursday night and you need to bring home some food, the Farmers Market is the perfect place to pick it up.
Freshly prepared and delicious, individual meals from our farmers market vendors are made for take home dinner. A few of our vendors are even professional caterers who have transitioned to the market to sell these meals and take pre-orders.
Where to Get Take Home Food
- Avila Flavors & Experiences offers items like Argentinian beef empanadas and Venezuelan chicken empandas. 832-425-5455
- The Best for the Best has a wide array of Indian food and sauces.
- Biryani Hut has a wide array of Indian food and sauces. 281-929-9235
- Bua’s Bistro brings po boys, beef lasagna, chick parma, nuts and cookies made by Michele Bua who grew up in the food service industry and has catered large events.713-783-5169
- Jami’s Fine Foods is the place for salads with organic egg salad, chicken salad, Mexican pineapple salad, blueberry corn salad, Yukon gold potato salad and shrimp remoulade. 713-446-8112
- Manish’s bills itself as ‘Quick N Ezee Indian Food’ with authentic curries, breads, samosas, chutney and more. 832-405-2007
- Tamales Mama Belen is popular with foodies who know their tamales. 281-923-7289
- The Bark BBQ beckons market goers with the sweet, smokey aroma of brisket and turkey barbecue, available by the pound or as a sandwich. 832-282-4927
Another advantage of the farmers market is picking up extras to go along with your meals, whether it’s agave, honey, jams and jelly, sweet treats, ground coffee, sauces and salsa, sorbet, olive oils, wine, organic juices or fresh produce.