(Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman)
- 1/2 whole butternut squash; peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 bunch kale, leaves torn, stalks discarded
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add squash and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Cook for several minutes, turning gently with a spatula, until squash is deep golden brown and tender (but not falling apart.) Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat and add in the kale. Toss it around with tongs and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the cooked squash and gently toss together.
- Serve as a side dish with chicken or beef, as a main veggie dish, or as a filling for quesadillas or sandwiches.