Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com
- 1-1/2 pounds thick sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned (about 10 minutes.) Drain bacon slices on paper towels; reserving 2 tablespoons droppings in the skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
Cook and stir onion and bell pepper over medium heat in reserved drippings until tender (about 5 minutes.) Remove with slotted spoon.
Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl. Fold hash browns, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion mixture and crumbled bacon into egg mixture. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. (35-45 minutes)